• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Quota isn't synchronized between Plesk & FS

S

sebhen

I have two different Plesk Installations with the same problem. If I create a new user the quota is set at filesystem level. If I change the quota values later nothing happens at the filesystem layer. Also some users have no quota inside the filesystem but inside Plesk. I supposed this behavior is since the update from Plesk 8.6 to 9.0.

Can somebody prove this behavior or knows a solution?

Hello,

As far as I understand, you are talking about the hard disk quota. Please, note that there is some difference between "Domain disk space" and "Hard disk quota".

The "Domain disk space" indicates how much disk space is used by whole domain. It is counted by Parallels Plesk Panel (PP) statistics utility and includes amount of disk space taken by web pages, mail accounts, databases and other domain data including options specified in statistic settings on Server -> Server preferences page in PP. This cannot be hard, because it is made from different parts that were listed above. If a domain exceeds "Domain disk space" limit, the both the server administrator and the domain owner receive notifications about it. Domain disk space can be configured on the domain's limit page Domains -> DOMAIN_NAME -> Resource Usage -> Disk space.

"Hard disk quota" is a file system feature and it limits how much disk space can be taken by files which are owned by a specific system account (either domain FTP user or webuser or subdomain FTP user). This file system quota cannot be exceeded. You can set domain hard disk quota on the domain hosting setup page Domains -> DOMAIN_NAME -> Web Hosting Settings -> Hard disk quota.

Please, check the following article for more information:

http://kb.odin.com/en/146

Thank you very much. I found the problem! I didn't set the hard disk quota in DOMAIN_NAME -> Web Hosting Settings -> Hard disk quota. Is this new in Plesk 9.x?

Back