• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Quota "Soft" limits

J

Jericon

Plesk currently supports hard quota limits for disk space and bandwidth. I am looking for a solution that will notify my NOC and a customer when they reach 90% of their limit, or when they reach their limit and allow the account to remain active until they hit 110% of that limit.

Is there any way to do this? Quotas are very nice, but with the current implementation when the notification goes out, it's too late to preemptively resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance,
- J

You probably can make a script which checks the user quotas everyday and warn if the user is nearby quota.

or you might want to consider a more advanced product from Parallels called H-Sphere instead of Plesk. H-Sphere doesnt only have configurable warnings,
http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/admin/configuring_customer_notifications.html
with h-sphere you can also offer summary quotas, vps, sitestudio, and it can also track billing etc. Unfortunately the only thing you cant do is to transfer your Plesk license :)

We already have a full billing system and everything in place with Plesk. I was wondering if there is any way to do this from within the plesk interface, but it doesn't appear that there is.

Plesk 9.0 will have both soft & hard limits:
http://rackerhacker.com/2008/05/19/parallels-summit-2008-day-1/

Plesk 9 Series
» Reseller level accounts will be available, and they will fit between the server administrator and client accounts
» Clients can be promoted to resellers
» Domain administrators can be promoted to clients (and resellers)
» Home and desktop pages will be merged
» Better rollover tooltips will be provided
» Hosting setup will be easier and setting limits will be more intuitive
» Server administrators will be able to hide certain services and functions
» Overselling will be allowed so that soft and hard limits can be set
» API improvements will be backward compatible
» Reseller billing will be integrated with ModernBill
» Choose to use Postfix rather than Qmail
» Greylisting is built into the panel

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Back