1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

RBL - MAPS Zone Questions

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by AbraCadaver, Feb 28, 2007.

1. AbraCadaver

AbraCadaver Guest

I have the following zones for RBL + Service: zen.spamhaus.org;bl.spamcop.net;problems.dnsbl.sorbs.net;multihop.dsbl.org;l2.spews.dnsbl.sorbs.net

My understanding is that SMTP or more precisely the rblsmtpd service will query these lists when it gets an SMTP request. If it finds the server in one of the lists it terminates the SMTP connection so no mail is received.

I get mail where spamassassin marks some email as:

X-Spam-Report:
    * 2.5 RCVD_IN_XBL RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus XBL
    * [201.230.166.214 listed in sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org]

But i have zen.spamhaus.org (zen contains sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org) in my RBL+ Zones so it is my understanding
    that my SMTP server should terminate the SMTP connection and never
    receive the email???

Thanks!
    -Shawn

2. danliker

danliker Silver Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

43%
    spamassassin use rbl too to mark spam ...

3. albans

albans Regular Pleskian

Right, but logically it shouldn't get to SPAMAssassin... As AbraCadaver said, the rbl should stop the SMTP connection before accepting the mail.

Test your RBL via Crynwr tests robots to be sure that they work.
    http://www.crynwr.com/spam/

4. AbraCadaver

AbraCadaver Guest