• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

zen.spamhaus.org

F

faris

I've been using sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org on our servers for ages now. It has been very effective.

We recently upgraded a lot of hardware and also upgraded to Plesk 8 though and during the upgrades I switched to using zen.spamhaus.org and was amazed! The amount of email actually getting through to the mail queue was reduced by at least 50%.

So anyone using xbl-sbl may want to try zen to help with the spam. Be warned though! You will need to add a non-RBLed smtp process (say on port 587 .. there are plenty of howtos on the forum for this) if you do implement zen. This because it incorporates Spamhaus's PBL which lists dynamic and some static IP ranges belonging to ISPs for customer use and from where no email should really originate - if it does it is likely to be trojan/botnet-generated. But if you have customers on those same ranges using authenticated smtp on your hosting server they will be unable to send.

The same applied when using the xbl list of course but the problem there was minimal.

I'd be very interested to hear other people's experiences of using zen....

Faris.

I used ZEN when it first was recommended (like 6 months ago if I remember accurately) and it worked for a couple days then stopped. It was aweful and shut down the mail service alltogether. I think it has stabilized since then though but I am not 100% on that. Using ZEN now and no real probs.

Back