• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Read-only permissions to FTP user

rcerrote

New Pleskian
Hello, how can I give read only permissions to a specific folder for a user in plesk linux? In plesk windows there is a specific option to do it.

Please help to solve this

PLESK.PNG

Thanks for the reply.

how can I do it? In the file manager I see the general permissions of the folder, I cannot choose the permissions for a specific user. I need some users to be able to write to the folder and others not.

Unfortunately, your desire violates the safety concept of Plesk. You can, of course, at your own risk, do this at the Linux system level, but in the Plesk interface, this cannot be done due to security and stability reasons for the users' sites.

Hi,

Finally I have solved it by creating a .ftpaccess file in the directory:

HideFiles (\.ftpaccess)$ user !userowner
<Limit ALL>
IgnoreHidden on
</Limit>

<Directory /var/www/vhosts/domain/folder>
<Limit CWD PWD DIRS READ>
AllowUser user1
</Limit>
<Limit ALL>
DenyUser user1
</Limit>
</Directory>

The first few lines hide the .ftpaccess file for all users except the owner. The rest of the lines give read-only permissions to the user "user1" in that specific directory.

The solution looks simpler than I thought from the beginning, I was already rotating some codes in my head of how I could fix this problem.

Back