• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server

jkility

New Pleskian
Good evening,

I've started working with Plex however I'm currently having an issue accessing FTP. I've tried connecting to SFTP & get the following error: "Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server".

When connecting to FTP I get the following error: "
Status: Connection attempt failed with "ETIMEDOUT - Connection attempt timed out".
Error: Could not connect to server"

I've followed the guide to try & fix the end-of-file issue by rebuilding the CHROOT Template & that has not worked. Reset root password
Created a new FTP account however no success
Reset the server but no success.

Strange thing is though, it initially worked for a few minutes & then stopped working & coming up with this error.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Hi IgorG - Apologies for not making it as clear,

Yes I have looked at that KB and tried to rebuild the CHRoot however it did not work.

It can be firewall or network restrictions. Check if there are any firewall or network restrictions that are blocking the connection to the FTP server. You may need to temporarily disable the firewall or add an exception to your firewall settings.

Back