• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Recommended partition configuration for Onyx on Linux

gbotica

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I'm about to set up a new server (CentOS 7) with a fresh install of Plesk Onyx.

I've found two quite different recommendations for how to set up partitions.

support.plesk.com:

How should hard drive be partitioned for Plesk Linux installation?

docs.plesk.com:

Hard Drive Partitioning for Plesk

The support.plesk.com site says '/' should be 5-10GB, while the docs.plesk.com page says 20GB min, 50GB recommended -- this seems like a lot for the OS and Plesk - which is correct?

Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi gbotica,

the Plesk KB - article suggest less space here, while the Plesk documentation already raised it a bit, keeping in mind, that you will use as well backups and temp directories. To avoid ( possible ) issues, you should consider to follow the recommendation from the Plesk documentation = 20GB min, 50GB recommended from my point of view. ;)

Hi gbotica,

the Plesk KB - article suggest less space here, while the Plesk documentation already raised it a bit, keeping in mind, that you will use as well backups and temp directories. To avoid ( possible ) issues, you should consider to follow the recommendation from the Plesk documentation = 20GB min, 50GB recommended from my point of view. ;)

Label Usage Total
/dev/sda2 13.51 GB 272.98 GB

/dev/sda1 125.55 MB 975.9 MB

the above is mine, i guess am toast then. i was asking for help for this same thing few days ago Issue - Installing Plesk on Second drive

Hi Kingsley,

you seem to misunderstand something here. YOUR thread is about the server administration task to modify your RAID, while the thread - starter here ask for the ( Plesk ) recommendations, to actually avoid things that you are asking help for. ;)

Hi Kingsley,

you seem to misunderstand something here. YOUR thread is about the server administration task to modify your RAID, while the thread - starter here ask for the ( Plesk ) recommendations, to actually avoid things that you are asking help for. ;)

kinda similar i was having hard time getting the partitioning right

Back