• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

reconfigurator BROKE EVERYTHING!

S

section9

Over the weekend, I tried using the reconfigurator to move my VHOSTS from my full D drive to my new empty E drive.

If I would have know how horribly this would have went, I would have gone about the whole situation entirely differently (and reconsidered the purchase and installation of Plesk in the first place).

It crashed 80 times, and in the middle of the process, and every time it seemed like it was going to finish, it would encounter some kind of weird error and rollback the system each time. Now, Ive finally managed to get all of the sites running properly, but from what I can tell Plesk is fairly messed up. It thinks the sites are still at the old location (d:\vhosts) when they are now in e:/vhosts and the plesk application pool is broken or something, because any site using that app pool will not work properly. (I needed to use the defaultapp pool so they will run).

If there is a way to MANUALLY configure Plesk settings so I can tell it the new location of the VHOSTS, among other things. this would be much appreciated!

Can anyone help me?

You may want to open a ticket as a urgent matter and put this thread into it. That way they are more aware of the problem and will hopefully find a fix to it.

yeah, unfortunately, I already gave up on Plesk for now.

I removed (or rather, disabled everything since technically you CANT remove Plesk) and remade all of my sites manually.

Im going to stick with this method too, as its the only method I can trust.

Plesk is a terrific tool, for a fresh machine, and they stress that enough, but god forbid you try to do ANYTHING yourself, (even things that Plesk simply does not support) it gets VERY pissed at you.

Its great for administrators that dont want to mess with the actual OS too much... unfortunately Im not one of them I guess. I will miss the automation of Plesk though, and I do still own the license so I may pop it on another server one day, who knows.

Back