• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Redirect Domain

J

Jaima

Hi:
I have a question. I use Plesk in a server, I have several domains there, but I also have others domains in others server (that don't have plesk), I want to create the domain in my server with plesk, but the web is going to stay in the other server. How can I make that www. example.com point to www.example.com that is in the other server? I make that the DNS point to the server whit Plesk.

Please someone help me

Method 1: Minimal changes, affects only browsing to www.example.com

Currently in the domain's DNS there is a CNAME record for www.example.com

You would delete this CNAME record and create an A record to point www.example.com to the external IP address of the other server.

Method 2: More extensive changes, will affect all subdomains, except those which you specify as being on your Plesk server

You would basically wipe out all current records (leave the NS records), then re-create them with the proper IP addresses (either the Plesk IP or the other server IP). This is more involved than just changing the www. record. For example, if you wanted to have just the email and webmail on the Plesk server and all website and subdomain sites on the other server:

Code:
example.com.		A	<other server IP>	
mail.example.com.	A	<Plesk server IP>	
webmail.example.com.	A	<Plesk server IP>	
ftp.example.com.	CNAME	example.com.	
[url]www.example.com.	CNAME	example.com.	[/url]
*.example.com.		CNAME	example.com.	
example.com.		MX (10)	mail.example.com.	
<Plesk server IP> / 24	PTR	example.com.	

Notes: If you want the FTP to be Plesk, replace the CNAME
record for ftp.example.com to an A record pointing to
the <Plesk server IP>.  Also, check your current DNS listing, 
you may have more than what I have posted here, I am just covering the basics.

Back