• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Redirect for alias domains working different in two views

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
Username: Azurel

TITLE

Redirect for alias domains

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.33 #1, CentOS Linux 8.3.2011

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

In host settings of a alias domain, there is a checkbox for 301 redirect. Its unchecked and its disabled (greyed).

In view "dymanic list" click on alias domain there is a toggle switch to enable 301 redirect and its not disabled. So i can here enable 301 redirect.

One of both is working wrong?

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

See description

ACTUAL RESULT

See description

EXPECTED RESULT

See description

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Should it be not the activated and disabled by default? Should a alias domain not always redirect?

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Last edited:
Is it a question or bugreport?
If it is bugreport, please be more specific. What is wrong with 301 redirect checkbox or switch?
In my opinion, it is quite obvious how they turn on and off.

Its a bug report. ;)

Hosting Settings show this for a alias domain; Checkbox is disabled (greyed), not checked.
1614680526472.png

In "dynamic list" view there is a "toogle switch" for this alias domain. Here its NOT disabled and can be activated.
1614680785606.png

Same function, two different possibilities.

Why is alias domain not fixed redirect at all?

Sorry, but I don't get what you mean.
You turn on the function by marking the checkbox and pressing the Apply button. Likewise, you turn on the function with just one flip of the toggle switch.
When the checkbox is grey, inactive, then the toggle is also disabled.
What is wrong here?

That what I say. Its not. Checkbox is disabled, toggle switch can be "checked", its not disabled!

I still don’t understand what’s wrong.
Ok, I'll send it to the developers. Maybe they will understand.

I can toggle switch set ON for redirect for this alias domain.
1614681613073.png

I CAN'T activate checkbox for redirect for this alias domain.

Last edited:
From developer:

Was able to reproduce described issue to some extent (i.e. was able to see '301 redirect' switch being enabled in dynamic list disregarding domain aliases and hosting settings management permissions). However would like to see into exact steps customer performed to observe issue.

I do not really know what you want to know from me. :)
There is a setting in "hosting setting" thats not possible to set, but you can set it in "dynamic list". I do not understand what more there is to say about it.

@Azurel, I cannot directly reproduce the issue you are describing. For me, by default, the "Redirect with the HTTP 301 code" checkbox for a domain alias can always be checked or unchecked. So there are probably some additional settings you've used on your Subscription or Service Plan that caused this behavior.

It would be useful if you could share these additional settings. This would help to replicate the issue.

Also, are you logged on as an Admin or as a Customer when you encounter this issue?

Last edited:
I'd love to, what exactly do you want me to show? The settings in Alias Domain do not exist in the service plan as far as I know. I not found it there.

When I create a new alias domain, all 4 checkboxes are enabled and checked by default.
What I don't need is DNS and Mail, so this two options I always uncheck. DNS, because my domain registrar is not my server hoster and I don't need mail service for this alias domains.

In all subscriptions (all created by myself) and all alias domains is "web service" and "redirect" enabled and checked, except this one subscription and there for all alias domains. Its strange and I don't know why, because this alias domains working last year (~august, as I created it).

All this aside.... and I think I use default settings in service plan (unlimited) you can create a alias domain with "web service" und "redirect" unchecked, which has the consequence that option "redirect" becomes DISABLED. Back in "dynamic list"-view, there is a "redirect" toggle switch and its enabled and can set on/off.

What else to think about, WHY you disable the "redirect" checkbox in hosting settings of a alias domain at all? That make no sense, because in default, in hosting settings of alias domain all checkboxes checked. uncheck "web service" and option "redirect" becomes DISABLED, but remains CHECKED.

So you can uncheck "redirect" and than "web service" and "redirect" get DISABLED and can't checked again. But uncheck first "web service" and "redirect" remains CHECKED but can't unchecked, because its DISABLED. Thats confusing.

If redirect does not work without "web service", then it must be automatically unchecked when you turn off "web service".

Either "redirect" must be unchecked automatically when uncheck "web service" or the checkbox for "redirect" must not be disabled at all. One step is here missing or wrong.

The part I've quoted below has some useful information that wasn't clear in your initial bug report. It helped me understand the issue better and I was able to reproduce this issue (at least I think). It is always good to describe an issue as detailed as possible.
What else to think about, WHY you disable the "redirect" checkbox in hosting settings of a alias domain at all? That make no sense, because in default, in hosting settings of alias domain all checkboxes checked. uncheck "web service" and option "redirect" becomes DISABLED, but remains CHECKED.

So you can uncheck "redirect" and than "web service" and "redirect" get DISABLED and can't checked again. But uncheck first "web service" and "redirect" remains CHECKED but can't unchecked, because its DISABLED. Thats confusing.

So, what I've been able to reproduce is:

1. On the Hosting Settings of a domain alias, when initially Redirect with the HTTP 301 code setting is checked and a user unchecks the Web service setting the Redirect with the HTTP 301 code checkbox becomes disabled (gray) but is still checked. (Which could be confusing from a usability perspective).
Schermafbeelding 2021-03-03 133108.png
However, when the settings are saved (using the OK or Apply button) the Redirect with the HTTP 301 code checkbox becomes unchecked (and is still disabled).

2. When the above conditions are met (i.e: Web Service is unchecked) the toggle for Redirect with the HTTP 301 code when using the Dynamic List view can stil switched on (and off), even though the Web Service setting is still disabled.

Which seems to contradict the options you have when managing these settings from the Hosting Settings page.
Schermafbeelding 2021-03-03 133646.png

@Azurel can you confirm this is what you meant?

Thank you, guys.
Confirmed and submitted as PPPM-12828

Back