1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Redirecting sitename to www.sitename

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by qualispace, Mar 30, 2006.

1. qualispace

qualispace Regular Pleskian

73%
    Hello,
    I have a query which I hope somebody will reply to. I have setup a website in Windows using Plesk say sitename.com. Now I want to redirect sitename.com to www.sitename.com in such a way that if somebody types sitename.com in the browser, he gets redirected to www.sitename.com. I know it was possible in earlier versions of Plesk for Linux, but this is the first time I am working on Windows. Can somebody tell me how do I redirect it?

Regards

Nitesh N
    QualiSpace

2. OlegB

OlegB Guest

Did you try to set up a Standard forwarding hosting type for the domain?

3. qualispace

qualispace Regular Pleskian

73%
    Not really. I have actually setup physical hosting for the website. Earlier we used to setup physical hosting for a website and by default the sitename.com used to redirect to www.sitename.com. This does not happen now. All I want to know is whether we can set it up manually.

4. Skeeter

Skeeter Guest

Hi, qualispace!

You just need to make the following:

1. Edit your domain in Plesk and set it`s name to www.yourdomain.,com
    2. Create a new domain in Plesk called
    yourdomain.com (don`t check the "add www" option whilecreating domain)
    3. Create standard forwarding hosting for the domain yourdomain.com and redirect it to www.yourdomain.com

Does this help?

5. badkneecap

badkneecap Guest

I have this exact issue now in 8.1. When I try and create the second domain to redirect, it tells me it already exists. How do I get around that?

6. Skeeter

Skeeter Guest

you can use HTML redirection -- place and index.html in the root httpdocs of the website that you want to redirect.
    The file should be similar to this:

<HTML>
    <HEAD>

<META HTTP-EQUIV=refresh CONTENT=0;URL=www.domain.com>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY>

</BODY>
    </HTML>