• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Redirecting sitename to www.sitename

qualispace

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
I have a query which I hope somebody will reply to. I have setup a website in Windows using Plesk say sitename.com. Now I want to redirect sitename.com to www.sitename.com in such a way that if somebody types sitename.com in the browser, he gets redirected to www.sitename.com. I know it was possible in earlier versions of Plesk for Linux, but this is the first time I am working on Windows. Can somebody tell me how do I redirect it?

Regards

Nitesh N
QualiSpace

Did you try to set up a Standard forwarding hosting type for the domain?

Not really. I have actually setup physical hosting for the website. Earlier we used to setup physical hosting for a website and by default the sitename.com used to redirect to www.sitename.com. This does not happen now. All I want to know is whether we can set it up manually.

Hi, qualispace!

You just need to make the following:

1. Edit your domain in Plesk and set it`s name to www.yourdomain.,com
2. Create a new domain in Plesk called
yourdomain.com (don`t check the "add www" option whilecreating domain)
3. Create standard forwarding hosting for the domain yourdomain.com and redirect it to www.yourdomain.com

Does this help?

I have this exact issue now in 8.1. When I try and create the second domain to redirect, it tells me it already exists. How do I get around that?

you can use HTML redirection -- place and index.html in the root httpdocs of the website that you want to redirect.
The file should be similar to this:

<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META HTTP-EQUIV=refresh CONTENT=0;URL=www.domain.com>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

</BODY>
</HTML>

Back