• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Redirecting sitename to www.sitename

qualispace

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
I have a query which I hope somebody will reply to. I have setup a website in Windows using Plesk say sitename.com. Now I want to redirect sitename.com to www.sitename.com in such a way that if somebody types sitename.com in the browser, he gets redirected to www.sitename.com. I know it was possible in earlier versions of Plesk for Linux, but this is the first time I am working on Windows. Can somebody tell me how do I redirect it?

Regards

Nitesh N
QualiSpace

Did you try to set up a Standard forwarding hosting type for the domain?

Not really. I have actually setup physical hosting for the website. Earlier we used to setup physical hosting for a website and by default the sitename.com used to redirect to www.sitename.com. This does not happen now. All I want to know is whether we can set it up manually.

Hi, qualispace!

You just need to make the following:

1. Edit your domain in Plesk and set it`s name to www.yourdomain.,com
2. Create a new domain in Plesk called
yourdomain.com (don`t check the "add www" option whilecreating domain)
3. Create standard forwarding hosting for the domain yourdomain.com and redirect it to www.yourdomain.com

Does this help?

I have this exact issue now in 8.1. When I try and create the second domain to redirect, it tells me it already exists. How do I get around that?

you can use HTML redirection -- place and index.html in the root httpdocs of the website that you want to redirect.
The file should be similar to this:

<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META HTTP-EQUIV=refresh CONTENT=0;URL=www.domain.com>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

</BODY>
</HTML>

Back