• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Redis by Docker Image settings

Servus

Basic Pleskian
Unbenannt--1.jpg hello,
please can you help me once more. Refering to @virtubox tutorial and @IgorG I installed Docker again with plesk panel. Then I took not bitnami, I choose standard image "Redis" (most popular) version 4.0.1. As you can see in screen there are less options in redis settings. Most important question, what shall I choose for target and source? starting by server is the only way. change path?
Important also: Shall I add the elements like "Allow_password" = "no" and "Appname" = "redis" and "Allow_Empty_Password = "no" (all what @virtubox made). If so like in tutorial, is the value "redispassword" in right box the exact password, or is it a placeholder/synonym for a real password what I have to select by my own?
Sorry, for stupid question. I don't know docker.
I want to use it for a blog with pictures and that supports redis cache. I readed docker, and redis support but nothing together with plesk installation. please help me. If I have to install redis in addition, no problem i will do it. here my screen:

Hi @Servus
I'm sorry for not helping You. But I can say, I would be also interested in using Cache this way. Very often there are helpful tuts on internet. But in this case not, especially in german language.
Most important in my point of view is security. Is there the need of setting a internal password for the application or not and to set the corrects paths/directories.
Hope someone else could help You. Otherwise the best way is not to use it at all like me.

Greets

Last edited:
Back