• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Rejecting SPAM emails

Olray

Basic Pleskian
In former times I have used a modification to Postfix and SpamAssassin to identify and REJECT spam messages before actually sending the sender a "250 mail delivered" message. When I switched to Plesk this behavior was replaced with an "accept anything and mark it" policy. There are two downsides: First, the sender knows that the email is delivered. Spammers will send more because the mail address is now considered verified. Second, the recipient has accepted the email. Should it be put into a spam folder or deleted automatically is entirely on your own jurisdiction and you're responsible for all emails lost in that process.

I don't want to tinker with my mail system because I only have one production server which is hosting important data right now. Has anyone already done such a thing and could give me some advise? Thanks a big bunch in advance!

Ideally spam rejection should occur while the connection is active to avoid becoming the originator of bounce email.

So you'll need to install and configure an additional smtp proxy or milter to accomplish this unless Plesk decides to build this capability into its mail management services.

Personally, I am using spamass-milter as it is very easy to setup and configure but my mail setup is different than the default plesk ie. I have integrated Plesk with Kopano

Have you tried to use DNSBL's(DNS-based Blackhole List)?

You can set them at: Tools and Settings -> Mail-Server-Settings.

Here is a List of DNSBL's: DNSBL Information - Complete DNSBL List

I would recommend:

zen.spamhaus.org
xbl.spamhaus.org
sbl.spamhaus.org
bl.spamcop.net
ix.dnsbl.manitu.net
b.barracudacentral.org

I made with tham good experience. As far as I know, this are serious worker.

Last edited:
Back