• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Relationship of mailbox quota, FTP quota, and hard disk quota

P

pran

I used to manage WEBppliance servers and recently switched to Virtuozzo + Plesk. Can someone please explain the relationship between disk space, mailbox, FTP, and hard disk quotas? I've gone through the Plesk administrator's manual and it doesn't really discuss this in detail.

In other words, there's no way to limit the total disk usage of a domain since both FTP/web files are accounted separately from mailbox files. I wish Plesk would have "real" control of the domain's disk usage. Ensim's implementation is quite simple and straightforward -- the disk limit is shared by both FTP/web and mailbox usage.

What's the effect of client mailbox size limit to each domains managed by the client if, for example, I limit it to 100MB? What if the client set the mailbox size limit of domainA to 50MB and domainB to 50MB -- can he still add another domain with 50MB mailbox size limit?

From the way I understand it, the issue here is that although ftp/web hard disk quotas are setup per each individual domain userid, mail shares a common userid among everyone on the server. Every night, plesk goes through and recalculates how much each domain has actually used. I'm not sure whether a domain can allocate more total mail space than they're given or not but any total mail space should be considered on top of web space because plesk won't add these together until it's batch process overnight.

Back