• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Relay internal emails

biapop

New Pleskian
Hello!
I need to relay all the mail from my plesk server to another server, but I am not able to do it. I can relay external mail without problem but I cannot seem to be able to relay internal email.
I don't get any error but the mail is delivered directly (this is the normal behaviour).
Is it posible to achive this config?
Thank you.

One of my setup as follow:
1. Plesk Server hosting multiple domains
2. Mail Server hosting mail for multiple domains
3. DNS server. managing records for all the domains

1. Turn off Plesk DNS or set as Slave
2. Point all Mail & MX record to the Mail server ip address and mail.yourdomain.tld

Hi,

Why dont you change your MX record and point it to your another mail server?

Hello,
Sorry for replaying so late, I have tried this but when I use my webmail, the mails are sent directly trough Plesk and don't get redirected to my relay.
I do want to have my mailboxes on Plesk but I want to send the emails of one specific domain trough my relay.

I have been able to achive this by using the sender_dependent_relayhost_maps directive in postfix but I wander if it is possible to achive this without touching the postfix config files.

I also have an ignorant question... I searched on the internet about this but I couldn't find any clear info. What is the IP address for IMAP and which is for SMTP? I mean, is the MX record used for both? Because in that case, when I change the MX the mails won't be saved on the server anymore.

Thank you very much!

Hello,
Sorry for replaying so late, I have tried this but when I use my webmail, the mails are sent directly trough Plesk and don't get redirected to my relay.
I do want to have my mailboxes on Plesk but I want to send the emails of one specific domain trough my relay.

I have been able to achive this by using the sender_dependent_relayhost_maps directive in postfix but I wander if it is possible to achive this without touching the postfix config files.

Email messages that are sent locally are always delivered locally in Plesk if the mail service is active for a domain. No matter how you've configured the MX record(s). If you use an external mail server you need to remove all mailboxes for your domain in Plesk and disable the mail service as well.

You can disable the mailservice in Plesk when you go to Domains > example.com > Mail Settings > Uncheck Activate mail service on this domain and click OK.

So removing the mailboxes from your domain in Plesk and disabling the mail service for your domain in Plesk will probably solve your issue.

I also have an ignorant question... I searched on the internet about this but I couldn't find any clear info. What is the IP address for IMAP and which is for SMTP? I mean, is the MX record used for both? Because in that case, when I change the MX the mails won't be saved on the server anymore.

Thank you very much!

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish. But to answer your question: the IP address used for IMAP and SMTP are usually the same in a Plesk environment. However, MX records are only used for incoming email. More specifically MX records are used by sending mail servers to determine to which mail server a message for particular domain needs to be sent to.

Back