• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Remote Server returned '550 Recipient verification failed

Meer-Web

New Pleskian
Hi All,

I'm getting some bounces from customers when I'm mailing towards them, also the other way arround.
They get bounces when mailing me.

Remote Server returned '550 Recipient verification failed

I have investigated this issue but cannot find the problem.
It seems my email address does not exist, but its working fine. This is caused by a Sender Callback check.
I cannot find the problem why it does not work for specific customers as all tests from mxtoolbox are ok.

Does anybody have experience or a resolution for this issue?

- Does the domain have a valid PTR (reverse domain name resolution) record?
- Does it have an SPF record and is the host authorized to send mail for the domain you are sending from?
- Does the HELO domain of the SMTP server resolve to the IP address of the SMTP server?

Last edited:
- Does the domain have a valid PTR (revery domain name resolution) record?
- Does it have an SPF record and is the host authorized to send mail for the domain you are sending from?
- Does the HELO domain of the SMTP server resolve to the IP address of the SMTP server?
Hi Peter,

Yes, I have a valid SPF, HELO domain matches and PTR record.
Its just that the remote server does a callback and cannot verify that my FROM address exists which results in a failure.

No not yet. Only thing I see is that when I telnet to the server from linux it is working fine, but as soon as I telnet from my desktop (windows) it doesn't understand any commands.
Maybe this is one of the reasons but I'm not sure. I only have this issue with a couple of contacts.

Back