• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Remote smartermail 17

cyberhostpro

Basic Pleskian
hi

Plesk 17.8 supports smartermail up to version 16.3 for local installs.

Is this the same for remote smartermail servers? The API is the same so I’m wondering if we can upgrade our remote smartermail to version 17

There were lot of changes in SmarterMail 17, and some of them are incompatible with Plesk. We are currently working with SmartTools team to support SM17.

Thanks for the reply.

The API should work fine for remote smartermail.

Can you check if remote smartermail is fine to upgrade now? Usually local installs have to be compatible with plesk but remote is different as it’s all managed over API

Yes, we will check compatibility with Remote SM 17 as well after fixing some issues with local one.

Hello

I spoke with Partner Sucess team today about the next plesk version not being released until Q3 2019, We really want Smartermail 17 to be supported now. We are paying for upgrade protection as apart of our Smartermail leased licenses and having to rely on old server because plesk is not keeping up to date with Smartermail.

what is the current hold up? I have spoken with some people at Smartertools and the API is the same so I cant see why having a remote Smartermail 17 server wouldn't work with Plesk?

Back