• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Remove extra buttons in Plesk 7.x Reloaded in several seconds

H

hardweb

Although I am no longer a very active poster, I do monitor these forums and listen to your wishes.

A lot of people requested that the grayed buttons to be removed from Plesk because they create a lot of problems for support. The SWSoft decision to don’t remove them it’s correct, because technical solutions exist.

Some solutions were suggested that involved the editing of the css files or using transparent images.
Well, there is no need to do this; the extra buttons can be removed in several seconds without any trace or harm.

One of our engineers wrote a script that can remove the following buttons from Plesk 7.x Reloaded:

- Spamassassin buttons
- DrWeb antivirus buttons
- Tomcat buttons
- Application Vault buttons
- SSH Terminal buttons
- Site Preview buttons
- Crontab buttons
- Mambo CMS buttons
- Plesk Backup buttons

You can download it from:
www.4psa.com/scripts/hide_buttons.sh

And execute it with:

sh hide_buttons.sh

The script will prompt you for what you wish to remove. The script will remove the button no matter if the feature is installed or not.

If you want later to restore Plesk to the previous state, when all buttons were available in the interface, just execute:

sh hide_buttons.sh --restore

WARNING: The script is compatible only with Plesk 7.1 Reloaded and Plesk 7.5 Reloaded, all versions.

You can suggest other buttons that you want removed, we can implement them in next versions.

Well done. I think this is really helpful as the unnecessary things that appear often give too much confusion. Removing it will thus make things less congested in the control panel and provide just the right things for the customer.

Nice...
But it would be even nicer, if all buttons could be turned on/off for each customer and domain. :D

What a statement ... sorry, but you must be joking. What are the barriers?

Although I love and have some of your products, this script doesn't really work well, from what I've seen (correct me if I'm wrong).

This file edits template files. And Plesk will happily overwrite those during upgrades and/or updates. If you use the technique as mentioned here:

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=93155

then the changes are in the Skin files. And as long as your skin file is called different from any of the default Plesk ones, this will not be overwritten during upgrades and continue to work.

Let me know if I'm wrong, though :)

Oh and also, if you use the skin-method mentioned above, you really can remove ANY icon you want. No barriers, no nothing :)

ALL admin server files are overwritten on major upgrades, you have to re-execute the script after an upgrade. But this is quite fast and easier than editing all the skins as it doesn't depend on skins.

How about a script that simply goes through the Skin files and replaces whatever people want to have removed? Then this could be made to work for all the Plesk skins but also custom skins people have made. It would then also be able to remove -any- icon in the controlpanel.

I personally think this is a better approach, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for taking the time to wrtie this script. I like the approach you guys took with editing the template files and will be using this in conjunction with editing the style sheets. :)

If I may make a suggestion... It may be handy to have the ability for some to remove the following as well:

FP Webadmin
FP-SSL Webadmin
Mailing Lists
Anonymous FTP

Originally posted by arwed
What a statement ... sorry, but you must be joking. What are the barriers?

The only technically possible way to do this would be for every client to have their own unique skin.

So it's just another dead end due to the historicaly grown architecture of Plesk? :mad:

I suppose this is closely related enough to post here ... What is the easiest way to either remove or change the hyperlink for the "Extras" and "Register" buttons in the domain owner screen?

If I am going to offer my customers domain registration through the Plesk interface I would rather they buy the registration from me so I can make more money from it. As far as extras I am not even sure how that is even useful so I would either want to remove it or link it to somewhere on my site where hosting customers could add "extras" like more space or something like that.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Craig

Well I discovered that in the Admin under "add services" you can turn off those buttons so I answered at least half of my own question. I just wonder now what would be required to change the link associated with the buttons if I wanted.

Craig

In the new version you can remove more (if you want, of course):

Spamassassin buttons
DrWeb antivirus buttons
Tomcat buttons
Application Vault buttons
SSH Terminal buttons
Site Preview buttons
Crontab buttons
Mambo CMS buttons
Plesk Backup buttons
Certificates buttons
Subdomains buttons
DNS buttons
FP Webadmin buttons
FP-SSL Webadmin buttons
Anonymous FTP buttons

Let's don't wipe it all :)

Which "new version" are you talking about? Your hide_buttons.sh script? If so is it already on your website? I downloaded from there maybe not even a week ago.

If you are saying the new version of Plesk allows this, how?

Craig

He'll mean the new version of their shell script.

Bogdan - add a few more disable options and maybe we can go back to plesk1.3.1 style 6/7 buttons with a pretty skin. :p

I don't think that many people on this forum know Plesk 1.3, but with a little effort we can bring Plesk 7.5 to that stage, we have to delete about 40-50 buttons :)

Thanks, I used this to remove several buttons including Dr.Web :) Is it possible to remove the Dr.Web icons from the mail list page? (under the A / V column) I'm guessing not as it would need the entire column removing.

Thanks.

Back