• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Remove "Install Help Desk"

I have submitted feature request for adding this possibility. Thank you for cooperation.

Any News?

Are there any news on that one?

I googled about removing the Help Desk link from the left menu. But there are no certain answers for that one.

Igor,
If there is any progress, please let us know!
Thanks...

I'm in the process of migrating to a new server from a server that at one time had the Customer & Business Manager installed. I removed it using http://kb.parallels.com/en/9327 but the "Links to Additional Services/Install Help Desk" link never went away.

My new server does not and has never had the Customer & Business Manager installed. I used the Migration & Transfer Manager to migrate a site over and all of a sudden the "Links to Additional Services/Install Help Desk" link appeared and there was a link on the home page to complete the configuration of the Customer & Business Manager.

Obviously there was something in the migration that flipped a few switches. Restarting the psa service cleared the home page message but of course I'm again stuck with the "Links to Additional Services/Install Help Desk" link.

The Customer & Business Manager removal instructions (ng http://kb.parallels.com/en/9327) should be updated to add a step to reverse whatever is done that adds the link.

Solved

I figured this one out by accident as I was migrating websites to a new server. When the last website not assigned to a subscriber was moved off the server the "Install Help Desk Link" disappeared.

So if you have any domains in the "My Webspaces" on the panel home page (i.e. not assigned to a subscriber) then you will see the "Install Help Desk Link". If you create a new customer and assign those domains to this new customer then the link will disappear.

Not sure what the rationale is for this behaviour but that seems to be the way it works.

NOT solved

Removal/hide of link It is STILL not possible - after 12 months - to either hide or remove that link to additional services in the left panel....???

WHEN will this be available and how can it last more than 12 months to add such a simple function?

WHY is it possible to ADD the link but not to REMOVE or HIDE it?

Use Power User mode. There will be no "Install Help Desk"

The workaround from GrBeach works fine so far.
@Igor: As not everybody wants to use the Power User mode, please add the possibility to remove the button manually.

I figured this one out by accident as I was migrating websites to a new server. When the last website not assigned to a subscriber was moved off the server the "Install Help Desk Link" disappeared.

So if you have any domains in the "My Webspaces" on the panel home page (i.e. not assigned to a subscriber) then you will see the "Install Help Desk Link". If you create a new customer and assign those domains to this new customer then the link will disappear.

Not sure what the rationale is for this behaviour but that seems to be the way it works.

I'm confused by this. I have 3 domains in my Webspaces but they are assigned to a subscriber. I only have 1 subscriber on the whole panel so I can't move the domain anywhere.

Back