• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Remove MariaDB and install mySQL 5.7

caitanya

New Pleskian
I have a fresh Centos 7 with latest Plesk 18.x and would like to remove MariaDB 5.5. Is this possible? What would be the best way to do it? thx

yes I have Maria 10.3 on another server, but here I would need mySQL - there are some issues that the old System was programmed using INSERT INTO name (column1, column2 ,colum3) VALUES (1,2,3) but mariaDB needs INSERT INTO name (`column1`, `column2` , `colum3`) VALUES (1,2,3) and we can not find any way around it.

Why not use a MySQL Docker?

#docker run --name=mysql -v /root/MySQL/datadir:/var/lib/mysql -e MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=Your-Password -p 127.0.0.1:3307:3306 "mysql:5.5.62"

Tools & Settings > Database Servers > Add Database Server

Host name or IP address - 127.0.0.1
Port - 3307
Username - root
Password - Your-Password

Last edited:
Updated docker run command,

Code:
#docker run --name=mysql55 -v /root/mysql55/datadir:/var/lib/mysql -v /root/mysql55/conf.d:/etc/mysql/conf.d -e MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=Your-Password   -p 127.0.0.1:3307:3306 -p 127.0.0.1:33061:33060 "mysql:5.5.62"

If use Docker to install the MySql.
That mean we need to run 2 database system in the server.
One is MariaDB for Plesk, the other is MySql for our project

hi, not sure if it is best to create a new thread, but I have a need to do this. I am running database on my plesk server, however when I run a query, it never completes and just times out.
When I run the same query on my local mysql 5.7 the query executes in seconds. When I change to MariaDB on my localhost I get the same problem, the query just hangs.

hi, not sure if it is best to create a new thread, but I have a need to do this. I am running database on my plesk server, however when I run a query, it never completes and just times out.
When I run the same query on my local mysql 5.7 the query executes in seconds. When I change to MariaDB on my localhost I get the same problem, the query just hangs.
@mudassarkhan, yes please open a new topic and provide as many details as possible.

Back