• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Remove old backups via CLI

flex1

New Pleskian
Hello,
I am planning to backup my server on a nfs storage space. Unfortunately, I only could achieve this by creating backups via CLI. In Plesk, I can choose how many scheduled backups should be persisted (the other will be deleted). Is it possible via CLI? Furthermore I want to use the incremental backup function.

Thank you very much for your help!

flex1

Look at possible options for pleskbackup CLI utility with

# /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --help

Hey Igor,
thank you for your fast answer. I used your tip to look for a useful parameter. Unfortunately there is no parameter, which deletes the nth-old backup file (or older than a specific date). On the opposite, in Plesk there is an option.
I could change the DUMP_D variable to store the backups on my nfs storage space. With the scheduled backup function in Plesk I'm able to delete old backup files. But now, I have only one backup per day. It would be nice to get 2-3 backups per day because I have sensible customer data on my server.
So it would be nice to get an option to delete old backups via CLI or a possibility to create more than one backup per day via Plesk GUI.

@gbotica Unfortunately I have that configuration with NFS about two days. In that period there was no micro update and this is why I cant detect if I am still able to to run Plesk micro updates.

//Edit:
@gbotica Now I can confirm that I am still able to rune the Plesk micro updates. It works fine without any problems.

Last edited:
Back