• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Remove old backups via CLI

flex1

New Pleskian
Hello,
I am planning to backup my server on a nfs storage space. Unfortunately, I only could achieve this by creating backups via CLI. In Plesk, I can choose how many scheduled backups should be persisted (the other will be deleted). Is it possible via CLI? Furthermore I want to use the incremental backup function.

Thank you very much for your help!

flex1

Look at possible options for pleskbackup CLI utility with

# /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --help

Hey Igor,
thank you for your fast answer. I used your tip to look for a useful parameter. Unfortunately there is no parameter, which deletes the nth-old backup file (or older than a specific date). On the opposite, in Plesk there is an option.
I could change the DUMP_D variable to store the backups on my nfs storage space. With the scheduled backup function in Plesk I'm able to delete old backup files. But now, I have only one backup per day. It would be nice to get 2-3 backups per day because I have sensible customer data on my server.
So it would be nice to get an option to delete old backups via CLI or a possibility to create more than one backup per day via Plesk GUI.

@gbotica Unfortunately I have that configuration with NFS about two days. In that period there was no micro update and this is why I cant detect if I am still able to to run Plesk micro updates.

//Edit:
@gbotica Now I can confirm that I am still able to rune the Plesk micro updates. It works fine without any problems.

Last edited:
Back