• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Remove Patchman.co

Peter Hansen

New Pleskian
Hi.

I just installed the Plesk trial cause I wanted to compare with cPanel in my own environment. We'll need the Web Host Edition, so the costs would be around 26 EUR per month.

You obviously do not remember the saw "there is no second chance for a first impression". Your customers monthly pay 26 EUR and one of the first thing Plesk offers you after installing is to use Patchman (security advisor), which costs 45 EUR per month. For this price I could get a second server! This is just ridiculous and advertising which should be removable by an "ignore" button or something similar.

No, this is not just trolling, I want you to know the reason for choosing cPanel. I'm paying for Cloudlinux, I'm paying for a control panel und I would also pay for a common-sense security solution (like CSF for cPanel). But this is just overprized. This additionally indicates that your control panel is not entire and needs an addon that costs more than the whole control panel to be secure (otherwise it wouldn't be shown in security advisor, wouldn't it? ;) )

Just my impressions.

Greetz

If you want to use "common-sense security solution (like CSF for cPanel)" you can install free "Security Advisor" extension from Extension Catalog. As you can see, vendor of this extension is Plesk.
Patchman is third-party extension in Catalog with Patchman as the vendor and it is their right to appoint a price for their security solution, which they consider reasonable.
Feel the difference.

Also, Patchman is something ENTIRELY different.
It patches vulnerable CMS software installs.

Neither Plesk nor cPanel provide a similar solution, as this is not their core business.

The price Patchman asks is well worth the saved manhours in our case.

Back