• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Remove preview url plesk-site-preview

phooddanie

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
windows
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.49 Update #1
New to the Plesk world. I am coming from Azure and migrating to a new host. The preview for the domain is http://ipaddress/plesk-site-preview/domain.com/. Is there any way to remove the portion: "/plesk-site-preview/domain.com/". the reason for this is that all of the links on my website use this format "\file.aspx" since the file is located in the root directory, the link goes to ipaddtess\file.aspx and says that it does not exist. If I manually add the /plesk-site-preview/domain.com/file.aspx, it finds the file. Or is there another workaround?

Sorry if this is a pedestrian or elementary question, but it would save a whole lot of time.

Hi @phooddanie, these are the options that your Plesk supports:
Maybe the domain name or external domain name options are for you?

Just tried that, but the path seems to be doubling for some reason. Using a subdomain.

http://##.###.###.#-preview.buildyourcnc.com.##-###-###-#.preview.buildyourcnc.com/

Alternatively, is there a way to access my wwwroot folder with an ip address? This is what I did in the past with other hosts. If I use the ip address for the domain in Plesk, it takes me to a default Plesk page where I can't find the index.html for anywhere. I am unable to test my site using the preview and I don't want to change the nameservers to this host until I get all of the testing done, and I have a database that I still need to migrate and test for as well.

When you have an additional IP address, IPv4 or IPv6, you can configure this as a dedicated address and then configure the subscription to become available on that address. In that case you will see your subscription when you use the ip address in your URL.

That sound like an option that would work. Can you provide some step-by-step instructions on how to do this? I don't work with servers often, once in a few years just to get my website going. Any information would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The first step is to lease a second IP address from your provider (if IPv4). Then you need to configure this in your network interface in your operating system. This is a task I cannot help you with, because there are way to many variants of what can be or not in a network interface configuration. Your data center support would be the better partners to ask for assistance. When your server can react on the new IP address on the interface level, you can add the IP to Plesk (described here: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/214029049-How-to-add-a-new-IP-address-to-a-Plesk-server). Once Plesk knows the IP as a "dedicated" IP it can be selected on the webhosting configuration page in a subscription so that the web server will react on that IP address instead of responding to requests on the existing shared IP.

Maybe a stupid question.
Why would a line like this: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="~/Styles/BYCNC-MainStyle1-44.css" />

cause the created URL to become
##.###.###.#/Styles/BYCNC-MainStyle1-44.css

Instead of:
##.###.###.#/plesk-site-preview/domain.com/Styles/BYCNC-MainStyle1-44.css

This is the root of my problem, no pun intended. I am running out of options since I can't purchase an IP address to solve a problem that the host should be able to do at its minimum. All I'm trying to do is test a website that works in my localhost (on my local machine) flawlessly, works in my current Azure location, and worked in all hosts prior to that.

I opted to do all of my tests from the server as Plesk will not be a suitable platform to preview the site. The help was much appreciated. Thanks.

Back