• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Removed apache2 from plesk VPS and now everything is gone

mehdi-ra

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.6 x86_64
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.49.2
Hi everyone.
I need help because of a mistake I had done and removed apache2 from server by root user.
now nothing is working even plesk landing page is gone and i reinstalled the apache2 but instead of plesk home page im getting apache index.html
plese help me to setup it again.

I'm getting erros from apache:
Apr 23 16:00:30 server.stempel-wien.at apachectl[22778]: AH00112: Warning: DocumentRoot [/usr/share/plesk-service.localdomain] does not exist
Apr 23 16:00:30 server.stempel-wien.at apachectl[22778]: AH00112: Warning: DocumentRoot [/usr/share/plesk-service.localdomain] does not exist

Backups are not working and i can not restore them due to errors:

WARNING: () The PHP handler 7.4.33 FPM application served by nginx (id=plesk-php74-fpm) is not available. Instead, Plesk will use 7.4.33 CGI application (id=cgi) for the following websites: stempel-wien.at

WARNING: () fastcgi is not supported. It will be unavailable for the following websites: stempel-wien.at

WARNING: () The webmail service roundcube is unavailable. It will be replaced with none for the following objects: stempel-wien.at

WARNING: () The component SNI is not installed. It will be unavailable for the following objects: stempel-wien.at

WARNING: () The ModSecurity component is not installed. Web application firewall settings will not be restored for the following objects: stempel-wien.at

WARNING: (Restore domain object 'address') Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --update stempel-wien.at -guid -creation-date 2022-09-21 -description '' -hosting true -hst_type phys -do-not-apply-skeleton -ip -www-root httpdocs -login stempel_wien_2022_admin -passwd '' -passwd_type sym -hard_quota 0B -shell /bin/sh -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occurred during domain update: An error occurred during changing of hosting settings: Unable to set IP address for hosting: Unable to set IP address ** for hosting: it is already used by another account.

Did you reinstall Apache through Plesk or manually on the operating system level? Did you run plesk repair installation? If Apache was installed through Plesk installer, did you run plesk repair web all afterwards?

I installed apache manually on the operating system level. I removed it again and try to install using plesk repair installation command but im getting errors like:
Code:
    *****  problem report *****
/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/remote_mail_restore/mail_outgoing_restore
  [2023-04-23 18:16:35.647] 104356:644576039db2c ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/mail_outgoing_restore.worker' '--start' '--finish'] with exit code [1]
  Error: /opt/psa/admin/sbin/httpd_modules_ctl: line 1160: /usr/sbin/apache2ctl: No such file or directory
  START httpd_modules_ctl --disable sysenv

Warning: start service apache2 failed

/opt/psa/admin/sbin/pleskrc execution failed:
    Failed to start apache2.service: Unit apache2.service is masked.
    /opt/psa/admin/sbin/pleskrc execution failed:
    Failed to start apache2.service: Unit apache2.service is masked.
    Command '['/opt/psa/admin/sbin/httpd_modules_ctl', '--disable', 'sysenv']' returned non-zero exit status 1.
and then I got:

Code:
Errors occurred while performing the following actions: restore mail, fix Plesk packages permissions.
Check '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_18.0.49_repair.log' and '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_18.0.49_repair_problems.log' for details.
If you can't resolve the issue on your own, please address Plesk support.

What's the content of '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_18.0.49_repair.log' and '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_18.0.49_repair_problems.log'

Thank you all because of your help and response.
I Used dear Peter Debik's answer and reinstalled and reconfigure apache and Nginx and now it's working.

Back