• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Removing icon from browser tab and make working subdirs

Zephirus

New Pleskian
Hi, I have 2 problems that I want to be solved, first everytime I open my website on a browser like firefox it appears the plesk icon there on the tab, i want to substitute it for a plesk blank space (I don't want an icon at all), my second problem is that I want to make links out of subdirs, no, I don't to make subdomains, things like random.website.com, I want a dir that is something like website.com/random (I can make the dir on root but it says "access forbidden"). My plesk version is 11.5.30 Update #51, and I use CentOs 6.5.

Thank you so much!

Hi Zephirus,

(I don't want an icon at all)

the icon you see is displayed, if a "favicon.ico" or "*.ico" is placed in the webroot ( or any other directory, where a *.css - file, or any other style definition refers to ) of the domain/subdomain.
If you still see this icon, after removal, please consider to clear your browsers cache and temporary internet files folders and check as well for example with a site like http://seositecheckup.com/tools/favicon-test

If your second question is to use "directory listings", you need the module "autoindex":

Back