• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Removing the Virtuozzo spam from Plesk's interface

Wow... yes, even as a Gold Partner, I have to say we consider this over the line. We'll do what we can to remove the advertisements from the templates.

In the meantime, I hope that SWSOFT will reverse its decision here. We know they make fine products - that's why we're buying. What we don't want is a confusing branding issue for our hosting customers. This makes it look like we're just reselling somebody else's wares.

we only need to find how to remove news now ;P

i think you need to modify

/skins/$yourskin/css/main/desktop.css

but im not webmaster, so i don't know what remove or add to hide News ;)

If anyone can help?

Thank

Maybe ART will release a

psa-8.1-remove-swsoft-spam.noarch.rpm ;)

It's insane that we all even have to have this discussion. Monday I will call my sales guy at SWSoft and express my disgust at this junk being added in. Not that they will care. I am a small fish. But it's better than to swallow it quietly.

would be nice if you can change the affiliate scheme for the photos to your own at least.

Anyone know how?

That is really bad. It is enough of a problem when they put out a buggy release that we have to fix all the problems but have to fix something they planned out is rediculous.

I have spoken to my sales guy and he says it is coming out.

Regards

Originally posted by gromett
I have spoken to my sales guy and he says it is coming out.

Regards

You can reach someone in sales over the weekend ? How ?

Crossing the Line

Let us all hope SWSoft has learned a lesson from this.

If not, I'm sure there are other products and developers ready to take the next step in server management that will focus on their clients needs and not their own.

I have not yet upgraded to 8.1 after the beta release of 8.0.1. It was out plan to wait until the release of 8.1.2 or 8.2 before upgrading. Perhaps by then it would be a viable product.

Since v 7.0 we have seen a major decline in product quality, security and client control and are unsure what is happening at SWSoft.

We do however plan to keep our hopes up for the product to continue it's trend of being the best choice.

If not.....well, we will just have to wait and see.

To all those who upgraded, we hope you have good backups and can revert to 8.0.1 without problems.

hmmm i have upgraded to 8.1, and yeah i don't like "spam" SWsoft put, but all other thing is working fine! i got no problem here with 8.1 version, some little bug but all is fixed already.

So far 8.1 does seem stable. However, I still plan on having a conversation with our SWSOFT Account Rep on Monday. This issue of the direct advertising to our customer base is an important one. I'm hoping that they will take this seriously.

Like was said in another thread, if not, although I like Plesk, we certainly don't *need* it. But we'll hope it does not come to that.

All or none

We feel this is a concern that requires unanimous consent.

Although Plesk is "good", "great". "the best", etc......, we must not play to their passive marketing.

If one, or a small group accept their inside marketing control of our servers; then we all loose in the longrun.

If you buy a product that doesn't meet your needs or satisfaction you do one of two things.

1) Return it;
2) throw it out

We are SWSoft! Without us, their value is lost.

It is our dollar they want.

It is our loyalty they need.

The rest is up to SWSoft.

I agree with you guys. I think Plesk can only play this games (ad's, expensive support, slow support, bugs) because there isn't a real alternative on the market. If a new player would create a better product with better service they would lost a lot of customers. Its a shame, I would like to say "wow plesk really rocks", but I never had a moment feeling that since my first installation.

I would enjoy if 4psa would sell their own "Plesk". I like the support there and the fair price.

I don't want to flame, but I think it's really important to give plesk some feedback... But it's important to be fair.

I read a lot of problems you guys out there have. At the moment it works so far, but I don't know how long..

Greets,
Dawn

someone from swsoft told me, that they workin on it....

he said there will be a information soon ...

Back