• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Removing the Virtuozzo spam from Plesk's interface

breun

Golden Pleskian
I have upgraded two dedicated Plesk servers from 8.0.1 to 8.1.0 now and now I have a new Virtuozzo menu in the interface (that does nothing but 'warn' me that I don't run a virtual server), plus every page has a Virtuozzo link now (even Plesk's login page!).

Is there any way to disable this Virtuozzo spam? I've looked around, but no luck so far.

I was just about to post the very same thing. I cant find any option in the CP.

Edit:

Same for the "Buy Pictures link"!!
Why is SW-Soft putting spam in a product we pay a lot of money for!

Yeah same here, i pay for all my server, i want to have "option" to remove spam!! i understand free stuff have some spam to get some money, but SWsoft, we paid for! so give us the "option" to show or hide this spam.

Thank you

SW-SOFT - why do you always try and pump your products full of self-promoting advertising? We've already bought your product and so don't want more spam pumped through the browser...

what the hell were they thinking?
is there no product manager with a little sense of integrity?
i will not upgrade to plesk 8.1 until this issue is solved!

I already had an affliate program with an other photostock site running. This buttons costs me money!

I could understand if they offered TWO versions, one cheaper that incorporated their AD network and another one that didn't.

BE WARNED: when people try and go after the last dollar....RUN

I can understand they put advertisemenst into the administrator control panel... but clients and users should really get rid of this, it's completelly useless and only annoying!

What ? / Boycot SUS

I cannot belive my eyes ! I have not seen it yet but as reported this sounds a 1 April (fools days) joke !

Thats completly unaceptable, SW-Soft customers must unite and make Sw-Soft understand they cannot do this.

I would propose a boicot on SUS until they remove such type of ads !

Regards
Joao Correia

The "Buy Pictures link" you can hide in your "Interface Template" that's easy.

could someone please provide some screenshots of the login page and the dekstop page of plesk 8.1?
the demo at swsoft still is version 8.0...

go to:

server -> interface management -> interface template

make a template or chose your existing template

-> show toolbar

go to:
domains -> chose a domain and click costumize at the bottom and hide the buttons you don't like

click ok at the bottom

that's it ...

neu-1.jpg

neu-2.jpg

neu-3.jpg

Ok, you can remove the "Picture Buy" but how to remove others?

yuk! those virtuozzo advertisements are horrible!
i'm not going to upgrade to plesk 8.1 until those are gone!!!

To remove the advertisement open:
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\skins\{SKINNAAM}\c
ss\top\custom.css

You have to edit:

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#topTxtBanner {
display: -moz-inline-box;
display: inline-block;
border-left: 1px solid #dce7ff;
background-image: url('../../images/vz_top.gif');
background-position: 9px 3px;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
padding-left: 36px;
padding-right: 7px;
text-align: left;
display: none; /** add this line **/
}
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#topTxtBanner a {
display: block;
display: none; /** add this line **/
white-space: nowrap;
}
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it is gone

*** Thank to RobertS from this little secret ;) ***

To remove it from the left menu:

add this to /css/left/custom.css

#virtuozzo {
display: none;
}

Back