• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Removing the Virtuozzo spam from Plesk's interface

Is this the Forum of SW-Soft or not ???

Reading all your comments about contacting, getting no answers of swsoft support a.s.o, there are only TWO question for me:

1st: IS THIS THE FORUM OF SWSOFT, PROVIDED BY SWSOFT ???

2nd: Isn't anyone at SWSOFT reading such threads as this one ???

I think this Forum has only the name of SWSOFT and has nothing to to with "The costumer is the king" (like we call it in germany).

We have removed ALL SPAMS in the interface of our costumers. The only one, that still is on the f...cking menu is the virtuoso link if the admin is logged in.

If anyone wants to know how, tell us.

With best (and SWSOFT-spamfree) Greetings

Manfred (in Germany)

Update:
Found post here and killed also virtuoso link in admin menu. NOW WE ARE 100% SWSOFT SPAM FREE :D

SWsoft do not have a customer services department, I think that says a lot about their lack of care for customers. I have not come across a single SWsoft employee that has even the basic customer service skills! That includes management......useless.

If you enquire about your concerns or any other customer service related queries you just get through to their sales department who ignore your questions and try to sell you something.

:mad:

Originally posted by CryoGenID
Until the next update :D :D :D
And this is maybe then the Plesk Vista Ultimate Edition with 3D DirectX 9 Support in Putty and Microsoft Security Center as Spam- and Virus-Scanner - Of cause, I believe, really :p

Thanks to this thread, I was able to get rid of several annoyances from an 8.1 box. Many thanks everyone!
Say, is there a way to customize the login screen?
Thanks!
-turgut

I just upgraded a box from Plesk 7.5.4 to 8.1.0 (build 81070224.19). This box doesn't have the checkboxes to remove the Virtuozzo promotion, Fotolia promotion and newsfeeds that were introduced with build 81061212.22. :mad:

I will edit the Banner on all my left plesk server with a link to a Cpanel Demo.

They have after years still did not fixed the Dr. Web ****, plesk gets more and more expensive, and more and more i have to pay for things that should be free. I will move to Cpanel after years of using Plesk.

1.A non brandable panel is not an option for me.
2. Having to pay for all extra services if to lie, i buy a plesk license for a high price, and then i have to buy extra domains, antivirus etc.

Cpanel is one price All features. So its cheaper on the end.

How to remove spam?

Hi manyhuana

Can you tell us how you removed the SPAM?

Thanks
Paul

Re: How to remove spam?

Originally posted by astropaul
Hi manyhuana

Can you tell us how you removed the SPAM?

Thanks
Paul
Hy at all "Plesk-Spamed",

here the things we've done to remove everything on Plesk 8.x :

1) In the used templates go to the folder css (eg. /path_to_psa/admin/htdocs/skins/winxp.new.compact/css)

2) To remove the spam insert the line "display: none;" at the following:

For the top-frame go to subfolder "top" and edit the file "custom.css". Insert above line at #topCopyright / #topTxtBanner /, #topCopyright a / #topCopyright a:link / #topTxtBanner a:link

For the left-frame, if you want to remove the "Powered by SW-Soft" goto subfolder "left" and edit "custom.css".
Insert line at #poweredBy a:link / #poweredBy

3) If you cannot check or find the box for disableing the "Fotolia promotion" spam you can edit the custom interface template and make the button for Fotolia only appear to administrator.

Hmm... think i haven't forgotten something. If so, tell me.
Works on Firefox as well as on IE (if user still uses the microsoft spam :D)

With SW-Soft spamfree greetings
from the border to Salzburg :)

...if someone of SW-Soft is reading this, use this tutorial to remove your spam for yourself and publish it with your next update...

Re: Re: How to remove spam?

With SW-Soft spamfree greetings
from the border to Salzburg :)

Thanks!
Most of the SW Soft "spam" did not bother me too much but I edited it out just because I could and because SW Soft seems so intent on pushing it on us.
now my users only see the word "Plesk" on the login page.

Any ideas on how to remove the "Login to Plesk" message on the login page?

Re: Re: Re: How to remove spam?

Originally posted by JP Kelly
Thanks!
Most of the SW Soft "spam" did not bother me too much but I edited it out just because I could and because SW Soft seems so intent on pushing it on us.
now my users only see the word "Plesk" on the login page.

Any ideas on how to remove the "Login to Plesk" message on the login page?

To hide the Login to Plesk message on the login page, go to the following:

... /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/<the name of your skin>/css/main/layout.css

edit layout.css where there is a class loginTitle

you can make the font size 0px and change the color to match the background of the skin you're using such as #8A9DF2 for the blue skin....

hope that helps ya'!!!!!!!! :D

Has anyone tried 8.1.1 ? If so, does the forced advertising still exist ?

SPAM stand

Are you really spamming the SW-Soft site with links to cPanel?

Sure it has it's problems, but this is an SW-Soft support forum.

Perhaps a better forum for your spam would be the cPanel forums.

I have my days, but you shouldn't be allowed to post here unless it is directly related to SW-Soft support questions/support related threads "regionalzebra".

Remove Discover Virtuozzo from top bar

I can't belive SW-SOFT insists on this ****, using our servers to advertise their products.

How to remove Discover Virtuozzo from top menu ?

Go to skins/xxxxxx/top/css/custom.css

Go to topTxtBanner and put display: none; remove or comment the rest.

#topTxtBanner {
display: none;
/*
SW-SOFT ads !!
*/

}

Regards
Joao Correia

Originally posted by CrK01
hello all

there's a simple checkbox to disable virtuozzo or fotolia spam.

Go to:

Server -> interface administrator -> interface templates -> preferences ->

Hide newsfeeds
Hide Virtuozzo promotion
Hide Fotolia promotion

Cheers,

I CANNOT deactivate the checkboxes
:confused:
They are activated and just grey! WTF SWSOFT!

My next question: Someone knows how to deactivate the link to the swsoft site?
I replaced the logo on the left header but the link to swsoft still exists :mad:

Originally posted by loopy
My next question: Someone knows how to deactivate the link to the swsoft site?
I replaced the logo on the left header but the link to swsoft still exists :mad:

Hy loopy,

me and some other discribed this in earlier posts above. You have to edit the css-styles, not changing the only the logo files.

Originally posted by manyhuana
Hy loopy,

me and some other discribed this in earlier posts above. You have to edit the css-styles, not changing the only the logo files.

Ja, habs gefunden.

Dank' dir :D

Control of virtuozzo and news in Server > Interface Preferences(tab)

Found it. It is listed with a tick box that is 'ticked'. Sadly, it is grayed out for now and I can't undo it. But a bit of exploring and it should be obvious.

To be clear it is Server > Interface Management > Interface Templates (tab) > Preferences

Also, remember, all Plesk preferences are in MySQL - just need to do some digging to find that field and disable...

oh4real

Back