1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Removing Users

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Eyenigma, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Eyenigma

Eyenigma Guest

I recently signed up for a Virtual Server running Plesk. To familiarize myself with the system, I played around in the control panel creating clients, domains, and the like. I have deleted everything with intentions of starting anew.

But... now when I create the Client > Domain for real, I receive an error when creating the user name for the site:

Error: Unable to update hosting preferences: User <name> already exists. User <name> already exists.

I imagine this is due to a lingering database of users left over. How can I remove them and start fresh? I don't see any option for this in the control panel. From what I've read, it looks like I need to do SSH access? Is this right?