• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Removing vhost php.ini file

Christopher McBride

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I migrated from Plesk 11 to 11.5 (two servers, full migration - i.e. not an upgrade) and have had issues with the new vhost php.ini facility.

I do not have any custom settings in any vhosts on the panel, yet these files existed.
I want all vhosts to use the main /etc/php.ini file

Reading the thread at http://forum.parallels.com/showthre...ltiple-php-versions-php-ini-files-do-not-load, I deleted all vhost php.ini files with:

Code:
rm -f /var/www/vhosts/system/*/etc/php.ini

and restarted apache - which solved problems I was having when the vhost php.ini was overriding my global settings.

This, though, now introduces hundreds of error logs at /var/log/messages such as:

Code:
May 29 14:55:53 server cgi_wrapper[31785]: /var/www/vhosts/system/domain.com/etc/php.ini:No such file or directory

Adding the file in, but empty, does stop the errors being produced in the log, but the PHP errors (specifically regarding setting the timezone in php.ini) come back.

Is there any way for the cgi_wrapper NOT to complain that the php.ini file isn't there for the vhosts?

Why not simply update these files after editing global options via php_setting -u command (or something like that)?

Code:
/usr/local/psa/bin/php_settings -u
This did work, however it is not listed in the CLI Reference guide, the command offers no help and the only thing I found was in an old changelog.

Back