• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Rename mail account error

G

gregnvision

Hi,

i did not find anything about this error, when i rename a email account i can see this message :

Error: spam filter does not exist

the database is modified as i can see the new name in the panel

but the folder in /var/qmail/domain/account is not modified. I try to send a mail to the "new" name and it doesn't work (the account does not exist in plesk virtual...)

I check the sw-cp-server log and i see this error :

(mod_fastcgi.c.2582) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Warning: Releasing semaphore 29 in request cleanup in Unknown on line 0

i use plesk 9.5.2, with Centos 5.5

I don't use the psa-spamassassin packackage but the 4psa mail-guardian. I also ask them for this error, they do tests and also see this error when the psa-spamassassin is not installed

Is the anything to do in order to correct this problem ?

Greg

Try to rename it with /usr/local/psa/bin/mail utility with --rename option (--help for details).

first thanks for the reply

so i try to rename an account with the command line utility

/usr/local/psa/bin/mail --rename [email protected] -new test2

as i read the documentation the syntax seems to be correct

as result i have the same error:
spam filter does not exist

and account is modified in the plesk interface but not physical (also mail to the new adress are not delivered)

Try to update status of spamfilter for this mailbox with

# /usr/local/psa/bin/spamassassin -u <mail@name> -status true

After that try to rename it.

i think that is the problem

i don't use the plesk spamassassin, so when i try to update the user account i have this :

Spamfilter is not installed

which is fairly normal as i don't use it

but it should not impact the mail utility because it is not installed

Ok. Did you tried rebuild mailsettings with mchk utility?

i didn't try this yet

which is the best option, should i rebuilt the settings with or without the spam options ?

the documentation is not very clear about it (is the option --whitout-spam will desactive the spamfilter options ?)

You can use --without-spam option if you really do not have any enabled spamfilters there.

i run the mchk --without-spam command

result is good but it is not what i expect, the command has rebuilt mail setting so renamed account can now recieveid email (which is a good thing :) )

but it does not correct the initial rename problem which is still there

i don't understand why this error "spam filter does not exist " is shown because the psa-spamassassin is not installed ?

but i can't install it,

as i said before i have no license for psa-spamassassin because i use 4psa-mailguardian

If you run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller you can install Spamassassin packages without any license restrictions.

so i try the install of the spamassassin component

but the autoinstaller send me this error :

ERROR: Unable to proceed with the installation until the package 4psa-sguardian-psa9-3.6.0-090725.03.rhel5.x86_64 is removed from the system

as the 4PSA team said, both package cannot be installed together

Maybe i can modify the spamassin config in order to correct the "Spamfilter is not installed" error ?

I don't know what is it - 4psa-mailguardian. Seems it is some third-party software. Try to use original psa-spamassassin antispam solution and it will help to fix problem.

the 4psa-mailguardian is a third party software

i already ask the software providers about the problem and they made tests (as i said before) what they try :

they made the same config as me : plesk 9.5.2 up2date only with the 4PSA spamassasin -> the y see the same problem

they uninstall the 4psa spamassassin -> same probleme when renaming user

they also build a fresh install of plesk without psa-spamassin and whitout 4psa spamassassin -> the problem is still here

we can discuss about which version of antispam i should use , but in fact the problem is simple :

i would like to rename a mail account i d'ont know what spamassassin is doing here ?

The issue is caused by known problem in Parallels Plesk -- if Spamassassin is allowed on license key but not installed, then on mailname creation spamfilter settings are not created in psa.spamfilter table (because Spamassassin is not installed), but when mailname renamed, Plesk tries to rename its spamfilter settings (because Spamassassin is allowed on license).

For now as a workaround I suggest you installing Spamassassin on the server and executing these commands in 'psa' database - they will create spamfilter settings for all existing mailnames, thus eliminating the problem:

DELETE FROM spamfilter WHERE username != '*@*';
INSERT INTO spamfilter (username, preferences, reject_spam) SELECT concat(m.mail_name, '@', d.name), 'true', 'false' FROM domains d, mail m WHERE m.dom_id=d.id;
INSERT INTO spamfilter_preferences (spamfilter_id, preference, value) SELECT id, 'required_score', '7.00' FROM spamfilter;
INSERT INTO spamfilter_preferences (spamfilter_id, preference, value) SELECT id, 'rewrite_header', 'subject *****SPAM******' FROM spamfilter;

Contact Parallels support team if you can't do it by yourself.

Back