• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Repeiring national characters in PPB 10.2.0-1

B

batiskaff

Repairing national characters in PPB 10.2.0-1

Hi!

After update our PP from 9.x to 10.2 we decided to use the billing.
Up until then, we had never used the billing and found this problem only right now.
So, when I open our online store for purchasing some subscription I see right national characters.
But if I open the registration form I see the drop-down select of languages with wrong national characters.
For example like this:

ru - руÑÂÂÑÂÂúøù

When I use invoices I have the same problem with names of months.

I realized that this problem in the system DB table 'locales' and I tried to find the right way to fix it myself in KB.
I found the best way here http://kb.odin.com/en/6279 but in comments wrote that hotfix only for PB 6.0.3. It's not for our version PB 10.2.0-1

How can I fix it by an another way?

P.S. Also I see that all tables in DB 'billing' have a collate latin1_swedish_cs. What do I have to do with it correctly? I think if I just change the collation to utf-8, I cannot fix it right. Where can I get the information what billing tables should have right settings locales and collations? May be is there a script for repair DB tables for our version PPB 10.2.0-1 w/o needing reinstall because we don't want to touch this working server?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, batiskaff

Unfortunately you were required to apply the fix mentioned in KB article before upgrade. There is no such official hotfix for 10.2 version.

You can download patch for 6.0.3 and tune it by yourself or you can use attached file as example (I've tuned it to be applicable for 10.2 - changed file paths and made DB name as a script input parameter). Please consider that it is not the official patch!

If you decide to use my version of file, just run:
shell> plesk-billing-10.2.0-repair-locales.sh <billing_db>
Default value for <billing_db> is "billing".

Attachments

• plesk-billing-10.2.0-repair-locales.zip
    33.6 KB · Views: 1
Back