• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Repository extras is listed more than once in the configuration

Pleskie

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I installed CentOS 8, then replaced it by AlmaLinux and then installed Plesk. Everything is working fine.

When I execute a dnf operation, for example an update or install of a package I get to see this message:

Repository extras is listed more than once in the configuration

My question is, is this just an informative notice? Or should I consider this an error?

I think it has to do with the CentOS, AlmaLinux and/or Plesk repository using the same name. I don't know if it is harmful though and would like some advice.

Thanks in advance.

It is not an error, but just a warning.
You have to find and remove duplicated file with extras repository.

Hi @IgorG

Many thanks for your reply. What exactly do I need to do?

I first installed CentOS 8 and with the help of a deploy-tool I switched to AlmaLinux.

In the directory /etc/yum.repos.d I find the following files:

almalinux.repo
almalinux-ha.repo
CentOS-AppStream.repo
CentOS-Base.repo
CentOS-Extras.repo
plesk.repo
plesk-ext-grafana.repo

In 3 of these files (mentioned below) I find sections that have 'extras' in their name:

almalinux.repo
[extras]
[extras-source]
[extras-debuginfo]

CentOS-Extras.repo
[extras]

plesk.repo
[PLESK_18_0_35-extras]

What is it that I should do right now? I have never deleted repo's. Do I need to delete certain files? If you need more information please let me know.

Looking forward to your reply.

If I remove the CentOS-Extras.repo file the message "Repository extras is listed more than once in the configuration" disappears.

Does anyone know if I should delete the 2 other CentOS repo files (CentOS-AppStream.repo and CentOS-Base.repo) as well, now that I have switched to AlmaLinux? Or should I just leave those 2 files in the repo directory where they are right now?

I suppose that it would be better to leave only AlmaLinux repo files.

Logically speaking, if you already have AlmaLinux, then why do you need repositories of another operating system (CentOS 8)?

@IgorG

That is a very good question indeed. But why didn't the installer delete the CentOS repos then? :rolleyes:

Well, I will delete the CentOS repo's then and hope for the best ...

(If someone else could confirm I can safely delete the CentOS repos I still would like to hear!)

Hi!
I join the question.

I have plesk on Centos8, and some time ago it started with errors in the updates. So I searched and found the solution. There was a change in the repositories, so I changed them.
I did it following this explanation:
And everything went perfect my plesk servers with cento8 can now be upgraded without problems and I can download packages with yum again.
But:
Since then I get this warning :

Reading in this thread, I wanted to check and

#cd /etc/yum.repos.d
#ls
It gave me the following: Attached img
@IgorG,
Can you guide me on which repos I should delete? I'm afraid of breaking...
Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks for all

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2022-04-13 a las 17.12.12.png
    Captura de pantalla 2022-04-13 a las 17.12.12.png
    233.8 KB · Views: 11
Can you guide me on which repos I should delete? I'm afraid of breaking...
I don't know which exactly "extras" repo file should be removed, but you have many such files there. Try to remove files with strange names like r15d... or RSC... or wMu.. extras files files first. I have no idea what are these files and where they come...

Back