• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

reset file permissions

D

daffoml

Guest
Ok, I'll admit it, I screwed up.

I went to chown a directory, and instead did /

it got through a few inconsequential directories ( /tmp /lost+found), but then it got to /usr/local/psa ...

I'm getting most of that cleaned up, but I still get errors doing various things.

Is there any way to reset the file/directory permissions on /usr/loca/psa easily?

Looking at another Pleask box, some things are root:psaadm, some are psaadm:psaadm

any ideas for a semi-quick fix?

Could I restore last nights backup? Or do things change at a regular enough basis that that might screw things up even more?
 
We also have same issue one client did chmod 755 / , like in windows the configurator repairs the file permissions, any tool/utility within plesk or outside to correct permissions, Though we manage the *wrappers, /tmp to somehow up the plesk 8.6 but still many think within plesk not working like Updater, the clients backup buttons not showing etc..,
 
I ended up paying for a support ticket, they got everything back up and working long enough for me to migrate my clients to a new box. I just couldn't trust it as it was.
 
Maybe upgrade plesk is solution.

But if I upgrade from SSH with /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller, exist the possibility to lost the sites from VPS?
 
Back
Top