• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

reset file permissions

D

daffoml

Ok, I'll admit it, I screwed up.

I went to chown a directory, and instead did /

it got through a few inconsequential directories ( /tmp /lost+found), but then it got to /usr/local/psa ...

I'm getting most of that cleaned up, but I still get errors doing various things.

Is there any way to reset the file/directory permissions on /usr/loca/psa easily?

Looking at another Pleask box, some things are root:psaadm, some are psaadm:psaadm

any ideas for a semi-quick fix?

Could I restore last nights backup? Or do things change at a regular enough basis that that might screw things up even more?

We also have same issue one client did chmod 755 / , like in windows the configurator repairs the file permissions, any tool/utility within plesk or outside to correct permissions, Though we manage the *wrappers, /tmp to somehow up the plesk 8.6 but still many think within plesk not working like Updater, the clients backup buttons not showing etc..,

I ended up paying for a support ticket, they got everything back up and working long enough for me to migrate my clients to a new box. I just couldn't trust it as it was.

Maybe upgrade plesk is solution.

But if I upgrade from SSH with /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller, exist the possibility to lost the sites from VPS?

Back