• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Resolution Problem After Servertransfer

Thera

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
11.7 debian
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi,

We Moved our Server to a new IP the transfer is 48 Hours Ago we have the Problem that Some Domains Not resolve on the right ip Like Mode-Grusch.de. Rapfactory.biz works. Same Server Same entries.

Anybody ideas?
Thank you

check their DNS's with whois.. they might be using some other DNS..
verify against a 3rd party DNS to see if their domain resolves.. I like google's.. 8.8.8.8 easy to type..

like this:
nslookup domain.de 8.8.8.8

Please check which nameservers are set in your domain data set. Then check, whether these nameserver respond to domain resolution requests. You can also use a service like "intodns" to get a comprehensive overview on name resolution of your domain.

hi peter, the domain in dataset is the new ip 91.203.213.91, also dns ns1.moodymind.de with same ip..

Hi, it has happened to us in the past.

1.- Verify you have no "leaks" in your new DNS setup, like duplicated A records with different - the new and the old - IPs.
2.- If you are using "glue domains", be certain to change those to the new IPs
3.- Be certain that the old DS records are deleted or the new IPs wont get in place. Once you are sure everything is ok, you may re-create them. We have seen this happen eventough the new ips seem to be fine when checking them in MXtoolbox or Intodns.

Hope it helps

the problem is our domain service hoster.... i writen them, i have to delete all entries and set it new... thank you, can close!

Hi Everyone.

now 4 days ago since i set the DNS entries but only one entry strikes. i set all SOA entries to 1 minute and also the failure MX Record to 60 Seconds. the ns1.moodymind.de resolves proberly but not the rug-apo.de mx entry Network Tools: DNS,IP,Email

problem is ongoing... if i use plesk as nameserver the entries doesn't work... and show me old entries, IP Adress resolves correct..

Thank for letting us know that something does not work as expected. Would you mind to provide more details, e.g. the full nameserver records for the domain? And did you check that for that domain your server is actually registered as the authoritative nameserver in the domain dataset?

Are your queries really using the nameserver, or do you have leftover entries in /etc/hosts?

Back