• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

"resources you operate with has exceeded the limits" - every few days

JackShaftoe

New Pleskian
Hi,
I currently have access to a Plesk panel to administrate emails.
Every few days, or at least once a week, I am locked out, and cannot login in. (full error message below).

My concern is that I contact the hosting provider every few days, and they inform me that they need to contact Plesk for a license key update etc. Sometimes I have to wait 24 hours for it to be corrected.

I don't think that this is the case, as most of the search results on this problem, suggest that it is a configuration issue.
What is strange, is that it is a recurring problem.
Note, that I am trying to get away from them, and the migration window for all email will open in about 4 weeks, when I can move my emails to one of my own servers.

In the meantime, can anyone suggest what the real issue is, and perhaps what I do about it. It's a massive issue, as email changes are pretty demanding from people.

"Error: The amount of resources you operate with has exceeded the limits defined by your current product license. Please contact Parallels sales department and purchase a new license key."

Plesk license key has several limits. For example:

User accounts (resellers and customers) Unlimited
Domains Unlimited
Domain aliases Unlimited
Mail accounts Unlimited
Web users Unlimited
Language packs Unlimited

Mentioned message just indicate that one of this limits is exceeded and owner of license should upgrade license. What's the problem of Plesk, if the license owner does not want to do this?

Hi,
thanks for your reply.
Actually yes, I agree with you. That's my point. But when the message comes up because we have exceeded some hard limit, why is it then corrected just for it to happen again in a very short time.

Why not just fix it once and for all with a license that will accommodate usage?

Note, that this happens in the absence of any account creation, the only thing increasing would be disk usage or bandwidth. But what's that got to do with Plesk? They are also small increments in amounts sometimes too.

My question really is I guess, if they're not doing something to try and get around licensing, what else?

Anyone here from Plesk, can advise?

Before I make some sort of call on this, and ask an uncomfortable question of the provider.
Can anyone please offer any insight into this. Even suggest whether it's obviously not right, or is isn't?
would be appreciated

It is really difficult to say what exactly is wrong there without deep investigation directly on Plesk server. Provider can try to troubleshoot it with help of article http://kb.parallels.com/111283 at least. Or contact Support Team.

thanks for the reply.

Oh sure, I understand that I haven't really provided much information. It's not really possible, sorry.
If I had shell access I would just go in and fix it myself.

But, this has been almost six months now, and each time they advise me that they have contacted Plesk support.
So, my inductive argument is that given this is a recurring similar issue, and support have been engaged so many times, it is something that could and should have been fixed by now.

So, I am just looking at this with basic reasoning, in that one would expect positive outcomes are desired from each initiation of this process, whereby the issue arises, and Plesk support does something to help fix it in some way. But this is now just all a loop.

That's all I know. Not laying blame on Plesk, as I know it's likely not Plesk.

Aaarghh! Again, for the 20th time.
Anyone I can PM about this?

Maybe I should just buy a license to prevent this from happening? Is that actually an unreasonable idea?

Last edited:
Sorry, but issue you are reporting should be investigated and fixed by your hosting provider. Parallels is a software company that develops software for hosting providers. Parallels does not provide any hosting services.

Please contact the company that provides you with hosting services utilizing Parallels’ software. They should investigate your reported issue and if it is found to be a software malfunction, they may report this to the Parallels Support Team and support will work directly with them on a resolution.

So there's no way this could be a Parallels/Plesk issue, as they have said numerous times?
Apparently we are now waiting for "Plesk support to fix the license issue again" - ya right - I don't think so!

Last edited:
Back