• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

restore domain when backup failed

K

k.satirli

I've got an annoying problem.

plesk is supposed to run backups every now and then and does so for a forum im hosting. today, the script experienced some errors I didnt know about and I did a full sys reboot after updating a few utilities.

I had no clue that the backup already had failed at that point and therefore didnt know the havoc I'd be causing.

now the domain is listed as "currently offline for backup". however, there is no backup running and I'd like to know how I can restore it again?

Have you tried logging into Plesk control panel, going to the domain, and clicking on 'Turn on' or whatever it says.... my memory is really getting bad...

yup. tried that.

that just gives me a "domain is currently ..."

yup.

I already read that thread and did what was suggested and yes, I got your hint re: 4psa producst but alas, they are too expensive for me so I'll have to do with the things pleks offers.

Check the following:

Database: psa
Table: Backup Tasks
Field: active

For the domain's ID, make sure it is set for 'false', then try re-activating the domain.

while posting this thread, I also fired a request for help to SW-Soft and got the following responde:

It seems that backup of this very domain has a problem. Make sure that there are no dump processes in processes list (for example: #ps aux|grep dump).

After that you should check please that there isn't the file backup_restore.lock file in /var/lib/psa/dumps/domain.name/

Also, you need to check that the status of the domain is 0.
For example:
# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e 'select status from domains
where name="domain.name";'
+--------+
| status |
+--------+
| 0 |
+--------+

In the end you can run the command /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng -a -v.

thats all I did. I killed the domain_bu and psadump processes with killall and I was good to go.

Back