1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Restore from Plesk 9.5.2 backup to new Plesk 11.0.4

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Linux' started by Markus OliverB, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Markus OliverB

Markus OliverB Guest

Hi there,

we have two servers ....one is the current production that is running on openSUSE 11.0 + Plesk 9.0 x64
    while we have now new server with a supported platform that is now Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bit + Plesk 11.0.

We are in the process now to perform a migration from the old to the new system and wanted to restore
    from Plesk a 9.5.2 backup to new Plesk 11.0.4 on the other server.

Our reference is the same FTP backup server and after successfull creation of a 9.5.2 backup, I tried to restore on new Plesk by referencing the backup that I transfered from FTP to local server.

The size of the backup that is ~ 300 MB is neglectable.

Doesn't matter whether I take complete backup of the customer with all settings and emails, all domains etc....or
    just the backup of one single domain - the result is always the same.

I started restoration process and got confirmation that restoration was completed on 11.0.4 but when I check there is
    nothing. And the backup has also not been moved from FTP backup space to the server space.

Does anyone know what the problem is ?
    We are currently stucked and cannot proceed with migration to new system.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    What about migration with PMM?