• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restore from/to 9.3 went wrong

ManfredZ

New Pleskian
Hi,

first of all I am searching for a way to safely upgrade my Centos4 to Centos5 Distribution, I thought of doing it with a spare server restore/backup & backup/restore back, because I dont know if a distriupgrade via yum works on a productional running plesk on it.

So, when restoring on the spare server I get this error via the gui:

ERROR: PleskPMMResponseException

Failed to parse response. Reason: Failed to read data from stream Process output:

0: PMMConnector.php:537
PMMConnector->getResponse(object of type StreamXMLReader)
1: PMMConnector.php:142
PMMConnector->restore(string 'd58ab9af-be0f-4623-bbb1-38f67eb0b2bf', string 'server', object of type PMMRestoreTaskDescriptionSource, object of type PMMRestoreTaskDescriptionMisc, array, integer '2', string '[email protected]', object of type PMMConflictResolutionRules)
2: backup.abstract-repository.item.restore.php:519
__backup__abstract_repository__item__restore->restoreQuery(object of type PMMRestoreTaskDescriptionSource, object of type RestorationObject)
3: backup.abstract-repository.item.restore.php:532
__backup__abstract_repository__item__restore->accessItemRestore(object of type RestorationObject)
4: backup.abstract-repository.item.restore.php:43
__backup__abstract_repository__item__restore->accessItem(string 'POST', NULL null)
5: UIPointer.php:596
UIPointer->access(string 'POST')
6: plesk.php:38

and this error via the console:

# ./pleskrestore --restore /var/lib/psa/dumps/auto-_info_1002250111.xml -level server -license -verbose

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pmmcli", line 6, in ?
pmmcli.main()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmmcli.py", line 1879, in main
_logger.critical("PMMUtility exception: \n" + str(unicode(e)) + "\n" + stacktrace.stacktrace())
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 529976: ordinal not in range(128)
Failed to parse response. Reason: Failed to read data from stream Process output:

If you know what can cause this, or have other ways to achieve the upgrade goal please let me know.

br,
Herby

It is impossible to upgrade OS where Plesk already installed. Plesk will be completely broken after this upgrade. Plesk has own distributive for different OSes and Plesk will work correctly only on corresponding version of OS.

Back