• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restore Plesk with NO backups [HOW-TO]

P

Plesk_kidv

I've a done a couple of Plesk restores with no backups. Either because backups failed or there were no backups for one reason or another. I made a a quick how-to and was hoping I could get everyones input as to what is missing and if you guys do this in a different fashion. Hopefully this will help someone in the future :)

1. Install the same version of Plesk as current one on a new drive/server. Check version in file C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\version

2. Stop all services and exit out of the Plesk Service Monitor in the task bar.

3. Copy the old vhost folder and replace the vhost folder of the new install.

4. Copy over the psa.mdb database if server is running JET for database. C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\db

5. Copy over the database folder . (this holds the MSSQL and MYSQL databases, also holds PSA database if not using JET)

6. Copy over the postoffice folder located at if using MailEnable: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Postoffices or C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Postoffices

7. On the server run the repair commands:

a. %plesk_bin%\websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all

b. %plesk_bin%\ftpmng.exe --reconfigure-all

c. %plesk_bin%\mchk.exe --all --fix-all

d. "%plesk_bin%\DNSMng.exe" update *

8. Then run the repair Plesk tool on the server to correct permissions if needed. You may have to run this a few times.

9. Restore should be complete.

Is this all correct ?

Back