• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restore problem: pmm utility 'plesk_agent_manager' raised an exception. Error code is

N

NikolayM

Hello! I am have a problem with Plesk Backups.

When I try to restore domain or client an error occurred:
pmm utility 'plesk_agent_manager' raised an exception. Error code is: 1
See pmmcli.log to find out detailed information on this

In the pmmcli.log:

21316: 2009-08-27 15:27:37,579 INFO Subprocess raised ExecuteException: Subprocess <subprocess[21572] '/usr/bin/perl /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager server -c --migration-mode --session-path=/usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20090827152727244'> was finished with exit code 1
== STDOUT ====================

== STDERR ====================
Runtime error: Unable to create dump: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference

21316: 2009-08-27 15:27:37,581 CRITICAL PMMUtility exception:
Subprocess <subprocess[21572] '/usr/bin/perl /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager server -c --migration-mode --session-path=/usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20090827152727244'> was finished with exit code 1
== STDOUT ====================

== STDERR ====================
Runtime error: Unable to create dump: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmmcli.py", line 1846, in main
data_action_response, errcode_response, error_message = actions.get(sys.argv[1][2:])(parameters)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmmcli.py", line 1691, in restore
return ActionRunner(RestoreAction, restore_task_specification, parameters).doActivity()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmmcli.py", line 75, in doActivity
result = self.processor.doActivity()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmmcli.py", line 592, in doActivity
plesk_actual_dump = PleskActualDump(session.get_session_path()).get()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/pmmcli/pmm_conflict_detector.py", line 25, in get
raise PMMUtilityException('plesk_agent_manager', x)
PMMUtilityException: was finished with exit code 1

21316: 2009-08-27 15:27:37,582 INFO Outgoing packet:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
<errcode>1000</errcode>
<errmsg>pmm utility 'plesk_agent_manager' raised an exception. Error code is: 1
See pmmcli.log to find out detailed information on this</errmsg>
</response>

In the /usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20090827152727244/migration.result:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result status="error">
<object name="testing.listkom.ru" type="domain">
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">'undef' password passed to makePasswordNode. Set to empty</message>
</object>
<object name="test.ru" type="domain">
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">Runtime error: Unable to create dump: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference
</message>
</object>
</execution-result>

and in /usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20090827152727244/psadump.log
11:27:27 INFO ------------------------------------------------------------
11:27:27 INFO Migration status reporting initialized.
11:27:27 INFO Status file: /usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/20090827152727244/dump-status.xml
11:27:27 INFO ------------------------------------------------------------
11:27:37 ERROR 'undef' password passed to makePasswordNode. Set to empty
11:27:37 ERROR Runtime error: Unable to create dump: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference

How to solve this problem?

Do you by any chance have empty password for testing.listkom.ru domain user?
Try to check other related users also.

I tried to find users with blank passwords. One found, but after removing it the problem is not solved.
Then delete a newly created domain and restore works. After creating the user with a blank password problem does not appear. Now i am tryed to find what happened to this domain.

Thank you for help.
Sorry for my english.

@NikolayM

Did you find a way to solve the problem? I have the same problem, the backup from 8.6 is converted and recognized by 9.2.2, but a restore fails and the log contains no real sufficient answer.

Hi akxak!

I think this problem in SAAS applicarion or in the domain.

The problem I have repeated itself, when one of the domains was to delete the application, but the base application remains.
Identified the problem domain on the file migration.result.On the catalog /usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/

<object name="testing.listkom.ru" type="domain">
<message severity="error" code="msgtext">'undef' password passed to makePasswordNode. Set to empty</message>

In the pmmcli.log this catalog:
/usr/bin/perl /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager server -c --migration-mode --session-path=/usr/local/psa/PMM/rsessions/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'> was finished with exit code 1

On this domain backups just do not work. This domain was no application, but the base remained after removal of the client application. Then I followed these links http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=92485.

After these steps, all worked, but I'm not sure that's all right.

In the first case had to remove the problem domain that could not unlock because it is not clear error, but this domain was not in the logs.

Sorry for my english.

Thanks for the details... I finally skipped the backup way and used the migration manager (although that still was a lot of hassle). It looks as the pre9_convert converts not fully (or it should clearly raise the problems identified during the conversion to get them fixed). The error messages are non-existing or too cryptic to be really helpful.

Back