• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restore process succeeds, but MSSQL db is not restored [v8.1.1]

K

kalexan

I am trying to restore a MSSQL database from a full plesk backup (settings+databases+mails+files) with Plesk restore 8.1.

The restore process completes with no errors (restore databases is checked), but databases are not restored at all (old dbs stay intact)!

Restore log file (situated at C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\PrivateTemp\PSARestoreLogs\
) doesn't mention a database restore action...

Any ideas?

After used the command line tool (domain_bu.exe), I always receive:
"Unable to restore dump".

Also, I checked the backup file integrity with the command "domain_bu.exe --check-dump" and it produces "1" (Whatever this means...)

Anyone faced the same problem?

Resolved!

All restore actions (full, database, mails, files n folders) succeed AFTER deleting old corresponding data/files (plesk v. 8.1.1, this worked for me at least).

For example, you must first delete a "hacked" database from Plesk, then restore it. You must first delete corrupted email accounts, then restore them backup etc.

I also learned that backup files created with Plesk backup utility are regular zip files (just change extension from .psa to .zip).

Paid about 60 euros for this knowledge.

I wonder why these stuff are not mentioned at the following url (please correct me...):

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.1/Windows/Docs/plesk-8.1-win-backup-restore-manual/

Back