• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restored Backup of Sitebuilder

S

spliff

Hi.

I make nightly backups of /usr/local/sitebuilder as well as MySQL dumps of the database. Today, I noticed that I had left the previous version's folder on the server (we upgraded from Sitebuilder 2.1.3 to 3.0.2 a few months ago) and decided to remove the old folder. However, I made a mistake and deleted the wrong folder, Oops! I didn't really give it a second thought though because I figured that I could simply restore Sitebuilder from the most recent backup. The problem is though, that after restoring Sitebuilder from backup (and removing the old, version 2.1.3 folder as well), Sitebuilder no longer works :(

So when the main page loads now, it is blank - and this is what is in the error log:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function sb_verifybrowser() in /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/index.php on line 23

and if I go to the admin page, it is blank as well and this is what is logged in the error log:

PHP Warning: require_once(admin/design.inc) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/admin/index.php on line 3

and sure enough, there is no such file:

/usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/admin/design.inc

So what happened? The backup was made using `tar cfp /usr/local/sitebuilder' - but files appear to be missing. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello.

After some more investigating, it appears (and I haven't the slightest idea how this happened), I reasoned that somehow, I wound up with version 2.1.3 under /usr/local/sitebuilder. So I simply deleted the folder and restored sitebuilder that I had backed up from a few days previously and everything is now all good :p

Back