• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Restoring Backup issue

Tjerk Visser

New Pleskian
Hi all,

Recently i posted a thread about spontaneous reboots from my server. This was a hardware problem.

The server provider changed the hardware but unfortunately also killed the installation.
So i now have a new installation with plesk 17.5.3 update#51

In the old installation i already was up to plesk 17.8

When i try to restore the server from FTP backup space i get a error:
Unable to import file as dump: The file you are trying to upload is not a valid backup file

The question is: Is this error caused by the lower version of Plesk?

And if so, how can i force the update to 17.8?

If i try to install the 17.8 , i get the error that the installation is up to date.

I tried forcing it in the shell as described on this page:
How to upgrade Plesk to the next release

But i get the error
BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.

I realize a lot of questions but can anyone help me out here?
Have 24 websites currently down :(

Many thanks in front.
Regards
Tjerk Visser

The question is: Is this error caused by the lower version of Plesk?
So when the backup was done from your Onyx 17.8 version it makes sense to upgrade your new installation also to 17.8.x and to rule out that the error is not due to the different plesk versions

And if so, how can i force the update to 17.8?
A way would be to check in the plesk panel > tools & settings > Update and Upgrade Settings > settings > Release tier - Early adopter release
afterwards the upgrade to Plesk Onx 17.8 should be also available in the plesk panel.

But i get the error
BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.
this happens because first you tried to do the update via plek panel and then from cli, there is a timeout until the update process from gui is stopped. Well you can kill the update process on the comand line or since your system is not productiv yet a reboot will do it also and you can upgrade via cli, as you already found in the KB How to upgrade Plesk to the next release

I hope this helps you a bit

Last edited:
Hi Brujo,

Thanks for your answer. I upgraded to 17.8

unfortunately i still get a error message trying to install de FTP backup:

Fout: Check imported dump /var/lib/psa/dumps/backup_info_1806190403.xml failed. pmm-ras check dump error: Dump already exists in repository

Anyone who can help me with this?

Thanks in advance

Back