• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Restoring backup

K

K K

Hello,

I made a backup of a website from Server A, and I need to copy it to server B. On server B I have created the domain name and uploaded the backup file but when I click restore it states "Cannot restore Virtual host: Virtual host '' already exists in Plesk" and then stops. Also if i try and upload the backup not within the domain but within the client it just dissapears so does anyone know how I can restore my site from Server A to Server B if I have the backup file (.xml.zip)

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Delete the domain you have created and then try to restore it.
Hello,

I made a backup of a website from Server A, and I need to copy it to server B. On server B I have created the domain name and uploaded the backup file but when I click restore it states "Cannot restore Virtual host: Virtual host '' already exists in Plesk" and then stops. Also if i try and upload the backup not within the domain but within the client it just dissapears so does anyone know how I can restore my site from Server A to Server B if I have the backup file (.xml.zip)

Thanks.

If I delete the domain I cant see the backup file on plesk it only appears when i go through Plesk -> domain -> domain123.com -> backup manager

Not sure if it is only available in Plesk 9 .. but if you backup the entire client, when you go to restore the client, you can then choose to restore everything, or particular domains from that client..

Not 100% on this info.. as I have not performed this particular task, but that was my understanding of how it worked?..

I have this problem too.

It is not normal this problem. A client makes a backup of a domain... and wants to restore this domain.... I can't understand why it can be done (a backup) within the domain and its restore can't be done.

this is a huge bug!

I cannot believe that a such bug exists in plesk!
Backup a single domain, carry it to the new server, run it thru convert, and then be greeted that it cannot be restored there, because
the Virtual Host '' Already Exists!!

What gives?

Last edited:
This page contains the command syntax, options and the required procedure to backup and restore your Fish Eye instance .

Mobil Bredbånd

Hi,

On Plesk 9 and higher version, you can use Backup Manager to backup and restore accounts.

When you backup your accounts on server A then you need to put those backup files as it is in default Back up folder of Plesk.
You can restore whole Client account as well as an individual web site.
The backup files will be visible under Backup Manager only when the user name of client and web site is exactly same on server B as that of on server A.
So for e.g. if you have domain say domain1.com on server A with user as domain1 then you need to create this domain with exactly same user domain1 on server B in this case when you copy backup files from server A to server B under \Parallels\Plesk\Backup\clients\ then it will be visible in Backup Manager of domain in Plesk which you can restore.
If the user name is different then the backup files will not be visible

Regards,

Back