1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Rewriting Web user adresses?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by janjoh, Aug 9, 2008.

1. janjoh

janjoh New Pleskian

73%
    Is it possible to use a rewrite or another technique to make a PLESK-based solution accept

www.domain.com/username

as well as (or instead of)

www.domain.com/~username

I client is looking to convert his set up to PLESK, but until now, they have been using the /username format, and for obvous reasons they would like to keep that.

2. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

The ~username format is standard Apache format. You could use Apache's mod_rewrite module to rewrite the addresses.

3. janjoh

janjoh New Pleskian

73%
    Well, yes.

But, could a friendly soul tell me _how_ to integrate this with Plesk in a nice fashion?

4. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

You can create a .htaccess file with your mod_rewrite rules. There is nothing to integrate with Plesk really. You could add your rules in a vhost.conf file instead of a .htaccess file if you want to, see Plesk's documentation: Including Directives into Web Server Configuration File.

5. janjoh

janjoh New Pleskian

73%
    Ah, i will certainly look there!