• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.b>

Issue rkhunter issue

Kulturmensch

Regular Pleskian
My server details
CPUAMD EPYC 7452 32-Core Processor (10 core(s))
VersionPlesk Obsidian v18.0.42_build1800220314.17 os_Ubuntu 20.04
BetriebssystemUbuntu 20.04.4 LTS

I suddenly receive the following error message by rkhunter (version.: 1.4.6):
Performing Linux specific checks
libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod-module.c:1941 kmod_module_get_holders: could not open '/sys/module/ib_umad/holders': No such file or directory
Does anybody knows what this mean and how to solve it?

My two servers have the same issue (Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.0 x86_64) Plesk Obsidian 18.0.43.1):

/etc/cron.daily/rkhunter:
libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod-module.c:1931 kmod_module_get_holders: could not open '/sys/module/lrw/holders': No such file or directory

and

/etc/cron.daily/rkhunter:
libkmod: ERROR ../libkmod/libkmod-module.c:1931 kmod_module_get_holders: could not open '/sys/module/ptp/holders': No such file or directory

Haven't found a solution for this issue yet.

The mentioned errors refer to Linux kernel modules. Plesk does not manage Linux kernel modules.
Please consider re-installing or disabling the modules.

Back